Founded in 1968, the International Baccalaureate® is a non-profit educational foundation offering international qualifications that develop the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills needed to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalising world. Here at Homewood we have the honour of being awarded IBCP World School and we offer the IBCP and individual stand-alone IB Diploma subjects.
The IBCP consists of 3 parts:
- 2 Diploma Subjects (from the options below)
- A Career Related qualification (e.g. BTEC from the full range offered at Homewood)
- ‘The Core’ (not a separate option, for details see below)
By studying for the IBCP you will be choosing a well-rounded programme of study that develops the necessary knowledge, industry related skills and lifelong transferable skills that are well recognised by employers and universities.
IB Diploma Subjects
At Homewood we deliver a number of IB Diploma Subjects that are equivalent to an A-Level. These can be taken as stand-alone qualifications as well as being a part of the IBCP.
Business ManagementFilm Studies IT in a Global SocietyPsychologySocial AnthropologyEnglish Performance and Literature (Standard Level only – AS equivalent). This can be taken in conjunction with the Extended Project qualification for a 2 year programme of study. Click any of the subjects above for more information, or find out more information here:
This will be completed during your mentoring time and evidence collected within individual subject choices. It compromises of 4 elements:
- Reflective Project (an extended essay on a topic of your choice related to your chosen vocational study)
- Language Development (developing your knowledge of a language and culture)
- Service Learning (time dedicated to helping our community with various projects)
- Personal and Professional Skills (developing important lifelong transferable skills desired by employers)
The Core alongside the study of the Diploma subjects help to develop the type of person described on the IB Learner profile.
Why choose the IBCP?
✔ Develop skills required by universities and employers
✔ Develop an excellent personal statement / CV
✔ Broaden your knowledge of the world – become a global citizen
✔ More coursework based assessment than A-Level
✔ Research has proved IB students are likely to achieve a first class honours degree than A-Level students.