Careers Programme at Homewood School & Sixth Form Centre
All students in Homewood school undertake a programme of Careers Education from Year 7-13.
The Careers Programme at Homewood School follows the 2018 CDI Framework for Careers, Employability & Enterprise Education, emphasizing the need for students to take an active role in their career learning.
This is built on the four key career concepts:
- Career Exploration
- Self Awareness
- Decision Making
- Career and Enterprise Planning
The Careers Programme is delivered via a variety of methods, including the following:
- Careers, Business and Enterprise topics delivered through PSHRE lessons
- Careers topics delivered through off-timetable days
- Presentations from external speakers representing further and higher education, employers, businesses etc.
- Work Place Visits, Work shadowing and Work Experience opportunities
- Individual Careers Interviews with Careers Adviser
- Special events in school such as the Annual Careers & University Fair
- Careers related topics delivered through curriculum subjects
Homewood Careers Programme Overview - Years 7-13External Careers and Education events that students are encouraged to attend
The range of careers activities delivered at Homewood school is also detailed in our Careers & Work Experience Policy.