Free School Meals
Any queries regarding Free School Meals can be emailed to:
Did you know…
Just registering your child for free school meals means that the school gets extra money, not just for the provision of a healthy cooked meal but some could be used to support your students in the following ways:
- Applied Learning Uniform costs
- School trips
- Music lessons
- Plus all sorts of other educational costs
It also leads to a 50% reduction on the cost of the Kent Freedom Pass.
This is totally confidential between yourself and the school – your child’s friends will not be aware of their entitlement. Your child does not have to take up the free meal option for the funding to be made available, you just have to register. Registering is quick and easy – if you think you qualify please contact your child’s Community Office at the school.
Do You Qualify?
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
If your child is eligible for free school meals with an active application on the 31st March 2018, they will remain eligible until 31st March 2023.
They may ask for proof of benefit after you apply.
Click the link below to apply online today and find out more information about free school meals from the Kent County Council web site.
Apply for free school meals Once you have completed your Free School Meal application, you will be notified of their decision.
If you are already in receipt of free school meals at primary school, you will need to notify KCC directly of any change of school or personal details. You can do this by phoning 03000 415 123. If you have any queries at all, please ring Mrs Taylor on 01580 764222 ext 2296.