Year 7: Charles 1st
Year 8: Home Front – World War 2
In the summer term in History students in Year 8 will be studying World War 2 and The Home Front. Key themes that will be looked at include:
- What was life like for evacuees?
- How could you stay safe in the Blitz?
- How effective was the government in keeping morale high?
- Could the bombing of Dresden be considered a war crime?
- Could you have survived rationing?
- Why were women significant in the outcome of World War 2?
- Who was responsible for the Bethnal Green tube station disaster?
- How reliable is the film Hope and Glory?
- How useful is ‘Carrie’s war’ for a student studying the Home Front?
This term’s work will have an accompanying iBook and iTunes U course